The XRts Immersive Media Fellowship facilitates work on projects by emerging diverse creators in the field of extended reality or emerging media who seek to deepen their work with an expanded pool of resources and student and expert faculty assistance and by established creators in another form or medium seeking to develop work in emerging media/extended reality forms with expert guidance and student assistance. Our current cohort of fellows has a focus in the area of performing arts and other forms of integrating live performance into XR forms.
Ongoing projects by fellows are supported through:
- A $35,000–70,000 stipend (determined based on scale of project and time spent in residency) and support for housing and travel. It is not expected the fellowship constitute all or even a majority of the fellow's professional activity for the year.
- $25,000–50,000 project support fund.
- Access to resources across three physical locations:
- Media and Immersive eXperience (MIX) Center in Mesa, Arizona, with soundstages, screening theaters, enhanced immersion studio, motion/volumetric capture, virtual production, computing labs, recording studios, prototyping/fabrication labs and more.
- ASU California Center, home of the Narrative and Emerging Media program, with virtual production volume, computing labs, event space and more.
- ASU Tempe Campus with the Immersive Creation Studio, ASU Cultural Affairs/ASU Gammage, Dreamscape development pods, fabrication labs, motion capture and more.
- Support from a team of graduate and upper division undergraduate students.
- Faculty consultations in almost any field and discipline.
- Access to the vast research advancement resources at ASU, including resources for grantwriting and technology transfer.
- A communications and public awareness campaign.
- Network development assistance, especially in terms of growing connections with producers, presenters, funders and venues across the country and world for further dissemination and distribution of the work.
- A produced final showcase or pilot with press and a website.
All individuals are able to apply and participate in our programs and events without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.