The Museum Store at the Arizona State University Art Museum has a new look – and a new direction, both of which will be unveiled from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Feb. 4.
A large new window permits museum guests to look directly into the store from the museum lobby, creating an airy space on both sides of the wall.
And, according to Natalie M. Carroll, new Museum Store coordinator, the store will feature the work of more local artists.
The artists and their handiwork will be introduced during a trunk show that day, in conjunction with the museum’s First Saturdays for Families event.
Participating artists are:
• BUESgENWARE: ceramic art and jewelry
• Amazed Handmade: silver, copper and brass jewelry
• ASU MFA student Katie Poterala: silver, copper and brass jewelry
• Wendy Grace: wire mesh jewelry
• Against the Grain: silver, copper and brass jewelry
• Five Times Blessed: mixed-media artwork
• Lurl: crocheted and sewn children’s items
• Sebastien Millon: humorous shirts and greeting cards
For more information about the trunk show, contact Carroll at (480) 965-6717 or email@example.com.