The Society of Composers, Inc. is a professional society dedicated to the promotion, performance, understanding and dissemination of new and contemporary music. Members include composers both in and outside academia interested in addressing these concerns on a national and regional level. The two-day conference includes a series of five free concerts featuring a variety of compositions with performances by Arizona State University ensembles, students and faculty.
This first concert features works for electronics alone and with solo instruments. Works by SCI composers Chris Arrell, Nathaniel Haering, Momilani Ramstrum, Daniel Sitler and Paul David Thomas with a featured performance by the ASU Laptop Orchestra.
- Concert 1: Oct. 13, 4 p.m. Evelyn Smith Music Theatre
- Concert 2: Oct. 13, 7:30 p.m. Evelyn Smith Music Theatre
- Concert 3: Oct. 14, 10 a.m. Katzin Concert Hall
- Concert 4: Oct. 14, 2 p.m. Katzin Concert Hall
- Concert 5: Oct. 14, 7:30 p.m. Katzin Concert Hall