Inna Faliks, Piano
The School of Music welcomes Ukrainian-born pianist Inna Faliks as she presents "Polonaise-Fantaisie: The Story of a Pianist"
Inna Faliks is a spellbinding Ukrainian-born pianist with a glowing international reputation. Her long-standing practice of alternating musical interludes with the spoken word takes the form here of narrative storytelling. Her story chronicles her life’s path: her family’s emigration to America, her seminal early influences and her evolution as an artist. It’s also her love story, as she is reunited as an adult with the childhood friend who is now her husband. Visit the Inna Faliks website for more information about the artist.
• Rodion Shchedrin: "Basso Ostinato"
• J.S. Bach: "Prelude and Fugue in G Sharp Minor"
• Jan Freidlin: "Ballade in Black and White" (composed for Inna Faliks)
• W.A.Mozart: "Fantasy in D Minor"
• Chopin-Liszt: "The Maiden's Wish"
• Paganini-Liszt: "La Campanella"
• F. Chopin: "Polonaise-Fantaisie"
• L. Beethoven: "Bagatelle Nos. 1–6 Op.126"