NEXT EVENT: Sunday February 18
2:30 p.m.-4 p.m.
Join me for an afternoon of music for the flute including:
- The World Premiere of Don Owens' "Celebration Suite" for flute and piano with Hannah Creviston,
- George Crumb's "Vox Balaenae (The Voice of the Whale) for Three Masked Players" with Thomas Landschoot and Yi-Chun Kuo,
- Jolivet’s "Pastorales de Noel" for flute, bassoon and harp with Albie Micklich and Lynne Aspnes,
- Bud Shank’s "Funky Shepherds" arranged by Michael Kocour with Martin Schuring, Josh Gardner, Albie Micklich, Michael Kocour, Dom Moio and Ben Hedquist
- Astor Piazzola's "Tango Etude" No. 4 for solo alto flute with Karen Schupp, assistant professor of dance in the School of Film, Dance and Theatre.
Music Building, Katzin Concert Hall