Applying: Bachelor of Arts in Digital Culture
Admission Requirements for the BA in Digital Culture:
- When you apply to ASU and indicate your interest in pursuing Digital Culture, you are conditionally placed in Digital Culture at the time of application. Because entrance into the BA in Digital Culture program is selective, you also will be asked to indicate your second choice major.
- You successfully complete a questionnaire with essay questions as part of Digital Culture’s supplemental application process. See below for more information. Students who are not admitted to the BA in Digital Culture will be considered for admission to their second choice major.
The Digital Culture questionnaire submission is due at the time of your application to ASU. Please follow the directions on this website to submit your questionnaire.
- All applicants must complete the Digital Culture Online Questionnaire.
- This online form works best using the latest versions of Firefox, or Google Chrome.
- If you are unable to submit an online form, please contact the Office of Student Success to arrange for a paper application by email or 480.727.9810.
- Online Application:
- Apply Now!
- Please answer the multiple–choice questions, in the first half of the questionnaire, as honestly as possible. Your answers will be used for informational purposes only and will not affect the application process.
- Answer each of the essay questions in 300 words or less. Your answers will be reviewed by a faculty committee as part of the application process.
- When completed, submit your answers. You will receive an online confirmation receipt with the information you submitted through your ASU email address. Once you select “submit” no further changes can be made to the questionnaire.
Students applying to Digital Culture will be notified of their admission status as follows:
- All students scoring in the top 20% on their essay submission will be notified of admission within two weeks of submitting their application.
- All students submitting between December 1 and January 15 will be notified, regardless of score, by February 1.
- All students submitting between January 16 and February 24, as well as all students not accepted in the December 1–January 15 group, will be notified by March 9.
- Students submitting after February 24 will be admitted on a space available basis, with notifications sent out within two weeks of submission.
- Current ASU students submitting the questionnaire as part of a change of major will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with notification within two weeks of submission.
Questions? You may contact the Office of Student Success at 480.727.9810 with any questions about the application process.
The admissions committee will be made up of a cross–disciplinary group of digital culture faculty appointed on staggered terms.